Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An Engagement over "BURN AFTER READING"

Burn After Reading was on TV; and I was probably 15 minutes into the film. I was shifting around trying to get comfortable on the couch with Michelle, 2 glasses of wine, and Roxie (our fantastic K-9, well, K-2 maybe).  After not paying attention, we started the movie over.   
Wait, shit, stop!  

Let me take you back 45 minutes before this.  I had planned to pick up a package from Michelle's brother; but guess what?  They were not home.  They were partaking in a convenient family outing.  I needed this package!  I actually didn't need it; because the event that I was going to use this package for, was not suppose to be until Thanksgiving.  My original place was when I had snuck out of the house alone to pick up a couple bottles of Michelle's favorite wine.  During that time, I was going to grab the ring from his house.  Now, I am rushing downstairs to take Roxie to pee in the yard while Michelle's brother is dropping it off to me.  During this time, Michelle was taking a bath.  I get the ring from her brother.  The only problem now is that it's in my hand. The one thing I know for sure, "it's suppose to be on her hand".  After weighing my options between the kitchen and the living room ... I know it doesn't sound romantic; but to MY Michelle, (like how I said, MY, there:), as long as it was her and I together, it would be a romantic place.

So my luck is Burn After Reading was killing me with some great actors; but it wasn't enough since Michelle had to take a pee break because of the of the wine.  Perfect timing.  Now what do I do with it?  I decided I should try and set the camera on the counter to catch a quick, joyous, occasion before that package I was trying to get goes in to play.  I refilled the wine, and had the camera aimed at the fridge.  The living room didn't work...   Michelle came out; and I was by the cabinet. I told her she needed to put the wine in the fridge while I grabbed snacks from the cabinet.  As she walked in front of the fridge, I followed into camera frame that had shrunk to a height of just below Michelle's chin. (Shit!  Oh, well...  You saw part of the moment :).  I asked her to Marry me, and made it down to both knee's.  It was like a question in a prayer, I guess??  Anyway, after I pulled a small white box out of  "THE PACKAGE", I held a white ring box out to Michelle.   She said YES! by the way...  Well, a yes followed by a "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?"  Then, she said yes a few more times.  Oh, and I am sure she will tell you that I opened the box upside down.  You can't win them all.
But this one, I won...

She is now officially the future Mrs. Michelle West!  (From Michelle: "And that makes me the happiest woman in the world!!!!!!)

We will figure out how to get a few pics of the ring soon!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I knew that premonition I had years ago would come true!! Yay!

    So, where's my invite? :)

    Congrats to you both. You make a perfect couple. Your kids are going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete